|Job Title:||Actuarial Manager|
|Contact Name:||Bradley Doyle|
|Job Published:||August 17, 2016 15:59|
This role involves providing data modelling, advice and analytical expertise to support business analysis, business monitoring and decision-making. You will spend your time developing statistical models of claims costs, conducting detailed statistical analyses, gathering, validating and analysing information and preparing reports to support actuarial activities. You will work with and lead other actuarial/statistical colleagues and information suppliers/customers delivering ‘fit for purpose’ actuarial information, advice and services. You will have strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills
- Specifying, building and operating technical pricing models to meet business needs and requirements, ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with relevant Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of new and/or enhanced products and customer propositions and the management of underwriting portfolios through the provision of appropriate commercial actuarial advice and services.
- Developing actuarial/statistical models as required to support and inform business activities and decisions.
- Conducting detailed actuarial analyses as required, including working with complex or partial data, to produce timely, accurate, insightful and commercially appropriate outputs.
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with information suppliers and users/customers in order to ensure information is ‘fit for purpose’.
- Contributing to corporate transactions and business change activities providing accurate and reliable models and forecasts to support decision making and action planning.
- Reviewing and approving actuarial/statistical work done by others, ensuring it is accurate, complete, uses appropriate methods and assumptions and is generally ‘fit for purpose’.
- Leading and contributing towards the development of less experienced colleagues to raise standards and expertise across the team
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's