Capital Management Actuary
|Job Title:||Capital Management Actuary|
|Salary:||HKD680-780k per annual|
|Contact Name:||Kazu Sun|
|Job Published:||December 08, 2016 07:55|
Context of role:
- Lead capital management, provide inputs on investment strategy,involvement in projects, financial and actuarial evaluation of various business opportunities
- Working closely with actuarial, finance, investment and risk teams in the BU, Asia Regional Office and in Group Centre
- Understanding impacts of stress and scenario testing on the company
- Developing management actions to optimise the capital position including the use of financial reinsurance or reinsurance, dividends, capital reduction exercises
- Monitoring and reporting of solvency and liquidity against risk appetite
- Development and recommendation of target capital levels
- Involvement in the development and review of capital plans for the company
- Monitoring the effectiveness of any capital initiatives already in place.
- Liaison with Group and Asia regional office with regards to capital position and any management actions required.
- Provide advice of any changes to local regulations of the APAC business units.
- Provide input on company investment strategy taking into account the risk profile of products and evaluation of alternate strategies
- Evaluate investment strategies and their consequential impact on capital to drive optimal outcomes
- Actuarial qualification such as FSA, FIAA, FFA which recognized by international
- Knowledge of market, environment and regulation in at least one of the locations, preferred Hong Kong or Singapore
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad knowledge of business drivers and strategic issues in the industry
- Knowledge of Solvency II/economic capital would be an advantage
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Meticulous & organized
- Able to manage own time effectively and flexibly
- Ability to embrace change, as a necessary part of a dynamic organisation and ever changing business environment
- Demonstrate effective relationship management and an ability to influence others outside of direct management line.