Capital Planning Analyst – General Insurance
|Job Title:||Capital Planning Analyst – General Insurance|
|Salary:||£60,000 - 80,000 – plus package|
|Contact Name:||Lee Kerr|
|Job Published:||August 23, 2016 09:44|
Capital Planning Analyst – Solvency II – General Insurance
This is a fantastic opportunity for a statistically minded Finance professional who is experienced across the Regulatory Capital arena within Insurance sectors.
Overall purpose of role:
- Capital forecasting/modelling for the Group, including subsidiaries, providing accurate Solvency 2 coverage projections.
- Reporting of actual vs forecast Solvency capital on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining and providing commentary on live capital models.
- Providing advice on the capital implications of various strategic options via scenario modelling.
- To develop the Group’s internal reporting for capital, including Board reporting, developing the analysis comparing actual and forecast.
- To be responsible for ongoing reporting of the Group and subsidiary’s regulatory capital vs forecast, providing insightful commentary to aid understanding.
- Produce papers for the Finance committee regarding capital planning and the capital implications of various strategic options.
- To be a point of contact in assessing the regulatory capital implications of potential strategic decisions.
Skills & Experiences - You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ideally you will be a fully qualified accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Ideally experience in the Insurance or Financial Services industry with a detailed understanding of how General Insurance businesses operate
- Ability to interpret financial data and produce clear and meaningful commentary on results and trends.