Commercial New Business Underwriter
|Job Title:||Commercial New Business Underwriter|
|Contact Name:||Jamie France|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2016 15:24|
- Delivering planned financial results through the effective underwriting of new cases
- With detailed understanding of the business Mid-Market proposition, be able to influence new business acquisition.
- Demonstrating your contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls.
- Building effective trading relationships with Brokers through trading activity to be recognised as a positive trading partner, contributing to achievement of results.
- Producing timely and accurate documentation.
- Previous Commercial Underwriting experience is essential
- Progress towards CII qualification - preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, ability to build strong broker relationships.
- Pragmatic decision making with good analytical and numerical reasoning skills.
- Proven experience in decision making on a wide range of underwriting scenarios within a Commercial environment is desirable.
- Sound understanding of insurance market and processes across commercial lines insurance operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in teams and a successful record of delivering results.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's