Head of IS Pensions and Annuities
|Job Title:||Head of IS Pensions and Annuities|
|Contact Name:||Calvin Dick|
|Job Published:||September 21, 2016 11:59|
My client is a global Life Insurer based in London. They are now looking for an exceptional Head of IS to join their high performance leadership team.
Head of IS – Pensions and Annuities
The successful candidate will work closely with the CIO in to manage a range of business and IS projects within the Pensions and Annuities line of business.
You will have wide experience in IT and a history of delivering successful change programs, having as well worked with different project management methodologies.
The role will provide plenty of opportunities for change management, team building, supplier management and customer service all of which will challenge and enhance your technical, leadership, communication and influencing skills.
Head of IS Pensions and Annuities
Reporting to CIO
- To lead a range of business and IT programmes within the Pensions and Annuities line of business.
- To support business stakeholders within the Pensions and Annuities line of business.
- To development programme plans, budgets and timelines for critical business / IS programmes. Interface with internal IT teams as well as third party suppliers. Responsible for RAID Management and IS governance
- Deliver transformation projects within scope, in budget & timescales
- Consult with senior management and key supervisors on technology & applications that could benefit the business
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining the security of IT networks and systems.
- To represent the IS Division at Board meetings where required.
- Manage the IT budget, capex and expense, deliver year on year reductions in some areas to allow re-investment in areas that best support the overall business goals of organic growth, margin enhancement and overall increased productivity.
- To ensure adherence to all Company Policies, Standards & Procedures. Support both Internal and external IT audit processes.
- Provide project management and project governance to ensure significant projects are delivered to time, to budget, meeting the business objectives as outlined in the appropriate business case supporting the investment.
- Manage contracts, relationships and SLAs with 3rd key party service providers / software companies.
- Provide overall leadership and day to day management of the IT Team allocated to Pensions and Annuities line of business, resources, holidays, absence, prioritisation of tasks, SLA’s, service issues & performance of applications.
- Continually develop the IT team and structure towards "one team", drive shared services and maintain SLA’s to improve the service delivery to the end user and overall business.
- Maintain a skills and competencies matrix by staff supported by a training and development programme to ensure the IT function is effectively resourced to meet the needs of the business.
Education and Qualifications
- A degree or be of degree calibre in a related discipline (2.2)
- Project Management qualification - Prince 2, Waterfall, Agile
- Experience gained within a Life Insurer or a Financial Services Organisation.
- Exposure to Pensions or Annuities industry
- Proven record of success in IT Change management
- Insurance sector or related sector experience
- Experience in strategic planning
- Extensive IT Change control experience
- Extensive Programme and Project Management Experience
Knowledge, skills and ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Accustomed to work and develop SLA
- Strong commercial focus
- Flexibility to changing work priorities
- Self reliant
- Self Starter
- Proactive, "can do" and "hands on" type
- High level of drive and commitment
- The ability to work in a fast paced, changeable environment
- Excellent communicator, able to liaise with all levels of a business
- Proven track record experiencing large scale, complex and significant company projects
- Previous experience leading work-streams and managing project initiatives
- Experience with all aspects of change, e.g. technology, process and organisational change
- Ability to manage ambiguity and the political aspects of change
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's