Head of Product Development
|Job Title:||Head of Product Development|
|Salary:||Approximate HKD585-730k per annual|
|Contact Name:||Kazu Sun|
|Job Published:||November 30, 2016 03:41|
- Supervises the activities of associates to ensure completion. Responsible for the team’s performance, training and development as well as recruitment when required.
- Manage all aspects of product development activities of the Group in Taiwan to ensure timely execution.
- Liaise with product development and research specialists to learn from product trends in international markets and how any new products can be implemented in the Taiwan market
- Responsible for originating new product ideas as well as implementation of new product, this includes:
- Coordination/Execution of VOC Survey, focus group study or other market research
- Setting of Group pricing bases
- R&D on incidence and trends
- Providing input into the definitions and underwriting requirements following discussions with the Medical Directors and Local Chief Underwriters
- Assist with the pitching and roll out of new product ideas and sharing information with all Group Asian offices
- Ensure that product development team assists in update of existing pricing bases and provides pricing support on any special or ad hoc projects as required
- Proactively makes recommendations on areas of product design or pricing that enhances the sustainability of the business unit’s profitability.
- Leading the strategy to generate reinsurance opportunities with assigned clients or assigned initiatives
- Develop a thorough plan for all your assigned accounts/initiatives.Ensure this plan is updated on a regular basis for all relevant changes.
- Ensure you utilize all Company resources at your disposal in the most efficient / effective manner to achieve business target and execute plans.
- Contribute fully in the development of Group Taiwan strategy including full participation in all brainstorming sessions.
Maintain current market knowledge
- Research, analyze, and develop new products and solutions for insurance company.
- Stay up to date on local insurance standards.
- Stay up to date on the leading products in each of the distribution channels and share this knowledge with others
Focus on execution of reinsurance deals
- Negotiate and structure reinsurance agreements which reflect client and business objectives.
- Manage and develop the projects by working with local colleagues, client, regulators, Head Office in an effective and efficient manner.
Communicate regularly with necessary internal and external associates and clients
- Communicate/meet regularly with key contacts at clients companies
- Work closely as a team with the other marketers as well as your counterparts throughout the Group.Communication should be regular.
- Fellow member of one of the recognized international actuarial associations (FSA, FIA, FFA, FIAA, etc.) preferred
- At least 10 years life insurance experience with exposure to pricing, product development, marketing or service oriented function
- Knowledge and experience with life insurance products
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work on many competing priorities simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Strong Business Acumen
- Ability to work within a virtual office environment, including dealing with stakeholders that are not physically in the same office
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (periods of approximately -2-4 days each time 1 to 2 times a year)