|Job Title:||Risk Analyst|
|Salary:||£40,000 - 70,000 plus Bonus scheme, Good pension, Health Care etc|
|Contact Email:||Lloyd Balfour|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2016 15:51|
Working in the Risk Management and Analytics team you will assist in leading the Operational Risk team in the coordination and delivery of Operational Risk Management strategy and capabilities.
For more information contact Lloyd Balfour on 0207 621 3758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liaise with risk and control owners across the Group to review, challenge and report on operational risk management and the effectiveness of the Internal Control Framework.
- Advise risk and control owners of any deficiencies identified from testing and seek practical and workable solutions to close control gaps within reasonable timeframes, liaising with the applicable CRO as required.Pro-actively follow up with risk and control owners to ensure that agreed improvement actions are being completed according to the agreed timeframes for re-testing and closure.
- Work with risk and control owners, Internal Audit and other stakeholders to ensure that operational risks and controls within the Operational Risk Registers remain fully up to date and aligned to current business processes
- Work closely with the Head of Operational Risk and other key stakeholders to identify and agree key financial processes that are within scope for detailed walkthrough and testing processes in line with the Group’s S-Ox approach.
- Work closely with the Head of Operational Risk to help manage the annual S-Ox programme across the Group by assisting with with planning, scoping and reporting.
- Liaise closely with Internal and External Audit teams to ensure an aligned approach to S-Ox controls testing and reporting.
- Maintain the Operational Risk library of S-Ox related procedural documentation and assist the team to maintain, update and ensure the accuracy of the Operational Risk governance software system.
- Assist in control testing activities including gathering documentation and evidence from risk and control owners.
- Assist with drafting Operational Risk reports and updates for all relevant Boards and Committees.
- Assist in the capture monitoring and reporting of key risk and control indicators.
- Assist in the capture, analysis and reporting of internal and external loss data.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of emerging operational risks.
- Demonstrate a track record of managing and delivering an operational risk management framework within a financial services industry.
- Will ideally have experience of managing the S-Ox process.
- Will have good communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work either independently or collaboratively with all stakeholders, whilst achieving desired outcomes.
- Good organisational capabilities and be able to deliver results within agreed timeframes.
- Ideally have an understanding of Insurance and Reinsurance as it applies to a global specialty organisation with experience of working in a financial services organisation and have a good understanding of finance and business processes as they apply to a dynamic and growing business.
- Ideally be working towards or have a recognised professional designation and should be ideally be degree educated (1st or 2:1).
- Client is keen to see candidates who are inquisitive, dynamic and highly motivated with a “get up and go” attitude as well as strong team playing skills.
- Although not essential, candidates will ideally have an understanding of Sarbanes Oxley requirements as they apply to the Group (including current AS5 and PCAOB standards).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's