Senior Management Liability Underwriter
|Job Title:||Senior Management Liability Underwriter|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Contact Name:||Jamie France|
|Job Published:||July 21, 2016 13:18|
Making decisions and recommendations to assist in the development and control of profitable underwriting, supporting new and existing business opportunities and monitoring of performance of management liability products and/or schemes and portfolios in accordance with company strategy and the business plan.
- Provide efficient and accurate case by case underwriting decisions in line with strategy and operational plans.
- Provide efficient and accurate case by case underwriting decisions on all management liability referrals into CUC in line with strategy and operations plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that business needs are achieved.
- Training, coaching and development of underwriters, sales staff and brokers to ensure they are competent in their role through improved knowledge.
- Ensure the cross-sell strategy embedded into the branch culture
Please find below typical dimensions (these may vary depending on product/role)
- Achieve the branch MLP GWP targets, COR below 85% loss ratio under 40%
- Authority of up to £10m Limited companies, Charities, Associations and Plc’s
- Premium limit of £25k per risk.
- Discretionary discount below Underwriting Guidelines of up to 35%.
- A level or equivalent
- Professional qualification, CII (or similar). CII Diploma in Insurance (minimum), CII Advanced Diploma in Insurance preferable.
- Knowledge of the technical underwriting process and ability to apply it.
- General insurance principles and practice and be able to apply them.
- Underwriting and management of individual complex cases, portfolios and schemes.
- Excellent broker relationships and presentation skills
- General insurance law and market regulation (FSA) and how to apply them.
- Detailed Management Liability product knowledge.
- Understand claim process, policy and philosophy.
- Understand market trends and developments.
- Ability to interpret insurance related statistics.
- IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- Financial modelling and interpretation of financial reports.
- Excellent negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Understand facultative reinsurance market.
- Senior underwriting role or similar
- Sound experience of analysing and managing Management Liability products
- Report and business case writing.
- Relationship management.
- Coaching, mentoring and training.
- Project management.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's