Senior Political Risk and Trade Credit Underwriter
|Job Title:||Senior Political Risk and Trade Credit Underwriter|
|Salary:||Up to £125,000|
|Reference:||JF - 10081|
|Contact Name:||Jamie France|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2016 17:23|
Key Tasks & Accountabilities:
- To underwrite and negotiate complex political risk and single situation trade credit insurance in emerging markets in accordance with agreed technical standards, controls, practices and procedures.
- To handle a range of queries within agreed authority limits, providing information and advice to assist in the development of the account.
- To field risk referrals from more junior underwriters and to support the more junior underwriters when required.
- To work within the political risk team to implement its underwriting strategy.
- To manage customer and broker relationships in conjunction with the team leadership where required.
- Good understanding of legal principles of insurance.
- Good understanding of macro and microeconomics with a particular focus on emerging markets.
- Understanding of the various forms of financial and credit instruments used in international trade
- Ability to assess and price credit risk through financial statement analysis
- Ability to analyse the economic, regulatory, political and legal framework associated with investments in emerging markets experience in and solid understanding of the trade credit and political risk insurance market.
- Must be proactive and able to manage a varied workload.
- Highly Numerate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
To provide strong credit and political risk underwriting expertise and services to customers, ensuring first class customer service in line with business objectives and company standards.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's