Senior System Administrator – Dev Op’s
|Job Title:||Senior System Administrator – Dev Op’s|
|Salary:||£55,000 - £65,000|
|Reference:||CADI - 100510|
|Contact Name:||Calvin Dick|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2016 11:43|
My client is a fast growing personal lines insurer with several well-known brands. They are looking to make key hires into their System Administration Team
- Act as a trusted advisor for the SysOps Team Leader and be required to build relationships, exceed delivery expectations, champion best working practices and identify areas for improvement with regards to Cloud environments and System Operations.
- Contributing to the definition and execution of required activities taking place to maintain stability and availability of Cloud based environments. Ensure that all technical collateral used to manage and maintain Cloud based environments is kept up to date and operational.
- Devising, recommending and overseeing architectural principles in relation to Cloud hosted environments.
- Contributing to strategic decision making relating to the setup, use, management and maintenance of Cloud based environments. Recommend improvement activities to SysOps Team Leader relating to the Cloud based environments.
- Ensure that both Business as Usual and project driven changes are correctly incorporated into tools used to manage and maintain Cloud based environments.
- Involvement with required patching of Linux environments in the Cloud and liaising with Third Party regarding patching requirements for on-premise hosted Linux environments.
- Second line support for underlying infrastructure that supports Cloud based environments,
- Maintain and monitor documentation ensuring that documentation remains current and up to date.
- Provide support for escalated incidents during office hours and provide out-of-hours support as required to ensure high availability of mission critical systems.
- IT Degree required
- Considerable proven experience of Linux administration including tuning, patching and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated experience of using and maintaining Puppet or Chef
- Exposure to databases, Application servers (Weblogic/Websphere), Web servers (Apache/Tomcat)
- Strong scripting skills including Ruby or Python
- Demonstrated exposure to Open Source tooling including GIT, SVN
- Experience of working with AWS Cloud including use of Cloud Formation, S3 Storage, EC2 and IAM
- Considerable proven experience of dealing with Cloud architecture including networks and load balancing
- Understanding of Security aspects of Cloud architecture
- Experience of working within a DevOps/Continuous Delivery set up
- Strong and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to work equally well as part of a team or individually and manage own work-load as required
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's