Snr Actuarial Analyst
|Job Title:||Snr Actuarial Analyst|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £80,000 plus benefits|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Balfour|
|Job Published:||December 15, 2016 11:32|
Senior Risk Manager with strong analytical/actuarial background, to cover a wide spectrum of Non-Life Risk Management activities.
This will vary from Internal Model Calibration, to Reinsurance optimization and support to Underwriting function for what concerns Risk-Adjusted profitability measurement and Technical Pricing.
The role includes an extensive engagement within UK Underwriting Committees, UK Risk Management, Regulators and with the Group Risk Management. For more information contact Lloyd Balfour on 0207 621 3758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The candidate will perform the following key activities in strong collaboration with the established UK Risk Management Team:
- Perform SCR Pricing and Reserving Risks Calibration with Internal Model for all relevant UK Branch Non-Life Business ;
- Production of yearly Calibration Reports (in alignment with approved Group Internal Model Standards);
- Perform role as Model Owner for CAT Risk (as defined in Group Internal Model Standards) in collaboration with Exposure Coordinator and relevant Catastrophe Modelling Teams;
- Contribution to Internal Model reviews and visits by external regulators;
- Support Group Risk Management for relevant quarterly and planning capital runs;
- Provide relevant risk capital assessments for Reinsurance, Technical Pricing, Portfolio Management & Steering for UK Branch Business (in alignment with relevant Group KPIs) and in alignment with Group Risk Management and relevant Projects
- Contributor to the implementation of the Data Quality Framework as defined by the Group for what concerns UK Branch
- Participate in relevant UW Committees (in alignment with Group Standards) and fulfill defined Risk Management Roles with respect to UW activities (in alignment with Group Standards) for UK (jointly with Life Risk Management Teams)
- Support qualitative Risk Management Processes(such as Risk Identification Assessments, Reporting to UK Risk Committee)
- Regular Interaction and relevant Support where required for Group Non-Life UW Risk for ad-hoc requests
- Master’s degree in Quantitative Finance (or similar degree);
- Partial or Full Actuarial Qualifications are a preferable title.
- 2-4 years of Actuarial and/or Underwriting experience;
- Experience with ResQ and/or Igloo software considered as a plus.
- Problem solving ability;
- Ability to learn new skills and work in a changing environment;
- Actuarial background, with ideally some underwriting experience;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, to work in the multinational companies’s context;
- Planning and time management;
- Project management;
- Strong communication skills and proactivity in bringing inputs to Local and Group-wide operations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's